Located in Christchurch, Orthomed is a reliable supplier of clinical and professional Total Hip Replacement solutions.
Orthomed was established in 2008 in response to the need for a simple, reliable, sustainable and cost effective solution for Total Hip Replacement in the Christchurch region.
Sourcing a clinically efficacious product range from quality manufacturers in Europe, Evolutis and Adler Ortho, Othomed has grown to service 3 DHBs with six Hospitals with exceptional performance and service. The Femoral component supplied by Orthomed is now in the top three for usage in total hip Replacement in New Zealand as recorded by the NZ Joint Registry (2016), and has one of the lowest recorded revision rates of all Hip Prostheses (combined 99% survivorship).
Orthomed has established significant relationship ties with Adler Ortho and Evolutis, and gets priority over Australian operations as Erin Baker was instrumental in introducing the products to the Oceanic region. This ensures continuity and unparalleled support for New Zealand DHBs. Recently Orthomed has taken over New Clip Technics plating systems. We supply the Initial-R disposable distal radial plate on behalf of Extend Medical Australia.
GET IN CONTACT
FOR ANY QUESTIONS, QUERIES OR REQUESTS PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL
Cups | Stems | Kits
The Fixa Ti-Por is a cementless acetabular hemispheric cup composed of titanium alloy. The metal shell is manufactured by Electron Beam Melting (aka 3D Printing) which allows for a thinner and stronger shell.
This innovative manufacturing process allows the outside of the shell to be a highly porous metal with a 3D macrostructure; this structure promotes ingrowth from the recipient patient’s bone.
- Uncemented titanium alloy hemispheric cup.
- Sizes available: from 44 mm to 66 mm, with 2 mm increments.
- Constructed for large diameter heads.
- Can be coupled with inserts in polyethylene, reticulated polyethylene, metal and Biolox® delta.
- Each cone features 5 holes for additional fixation with 6.5 mm diameter screws.
- Exclusive Ti-Por® three dimensional bone regrowth surface
The Polymax cup is a cementless acetabular component composed of an external metal shell and a UHMWPE liner. The metal shell is manufactured by Electron Beam Melting (aka 3D Printing) which allows for a thinner and stronger shell.
This innovative manufacturing process allows the outside of the shell to be a highly porous metal with a 3D macrostructure; this structure promotes ingrowth from the recipient patient’s bone. Learn more about the manufacturing technologies below.
- Monoblock uncemented titanium alloy hemispheric cup produced entirely with the powder technology.
- 13 sizes available: from 42 mm to 66 mm with 2 mm increments.
- Exclusive Ti-Por® three dimensional bone re-growth surface.
- Pre-Assembled Cross-linked UHMWPE insert. It’s available with the following inner diameters: 28mm (sizes 42-66); 32mm (sizes 50-66); 36mm (sizes 50-66).
The Stemsys Solution
PRIMARY OR REVISION, CEMENTED OR CEMENTLESS, STANDARD OR LATERALIZED
The design rationale of the STEMSYS implant is based on the self-blocking concept. The cementless versions are made of titanium alloy and coated with either single hydroxyapatite layer or dual coating of porous titanium and hydroxyapatite.
The cemented versions are made of high nitrogen content stainless steel and are fully polished.
- micro-grooved 12/14 taper
- cylindrical fully polished and reduced diameter neck
- NSA (neck-shaft angle) available in standard (135°) and “lengthened” lateralised (128°) versions
- single neck length (except sizes 7 to 9: -3.5mm).
- choice of collared and collarless versions
- unique metaphyseal macrostructure oriented along the dynamic load axis
- choice of 4 surface finish (with and without cement)
- choice of 2 stem lengths in primary cementless stems: normal or -15mm (on average)
- revision cementless stems available either with distal slots or distal tranverse locking
- long and extra-long option (up to 320mm) in distal tranverse locking revision
GET IN CONTACT
MBE MANAGING DIRECTOR
After retiring from professional sporting activities, Erin pursued a career as a Radiographer and has sat on District Health Boards as a Board Member. Turning her expertise to the medical industry, she has supported a number of specialist Orthopaedic manufacturers, contributing to the Orthopaedic community through coordination of International training and product development with New Zealand surgeons leading the Oceanic adoption of many procedures – including non-instrumented spinal stabilisation and modular shoulder replacement. Erin is known for her knowledge and experience in Total Joint Replacement, particularly the use of ceramic bearing surfaces, and has been instrumental in the industry’s understanding and experience with large head sizes.